Antiviral Fogging & Decontamination FAQ
How is Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmitted?
- The COVID-19 coronavirus strain spreads from person to person through respiratory droplets produced through coughing or sneezing. But the virus also spreads through touch. A person can become infected by touching a surface or an object that has been previously touched by another person who has the virus. Therefore, proper surface disinfection is an effective way to slow down the spread of the virus.
- Cleaning Shield’s disinfecting fogging service covers all surfaces with a disinfectant which is 99.99% effective as per the European Standard for germ kill rate.
What does fogging do?
- The fogging machine disperses the disinfecting solution into the air in the form of microscopic droplets which make contact with all surfaces within the space. Even the most secluded areas are evenly disinfected. This specialist disinfection service is used for office and facility disinfection. However, the method is suitable for residential properties too. Within an hour, the droplets will air dry on their own, leaving only perfectly disinfected surfaces and the premise can be entered again.
What chemical disinfectant do we use?
- We use an unperfumed bacterial, virucidal cleaner certified to EN Standards: 1276, 14675, 13704, 14476 & 1650.
- Effective against enveloped viruses including coronaviruses.
- Independently proven to kill H1N1 Influenza viruses, Norovirus, HIV and Hepatitis C. Also certified to kill Clostridium difficile, MRSA and common food poisoning bacteria including Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli.
- It is bleach free, non-tainting and safe to use on all common water washable surfaces, including food contact surfaces.
- Non-tainting, non-toxic and food safe.
- Breaks down both quickly and completely into harmless material such as CO2 and water.
Who is fogging disinfection suitable for?
- Businesses, home and vehicle owners who want a professional, effective, affordable, responsive, flexible solution to disinfecting against virus and bacteria.
- This type of specialist disinfection is suitable for small and large organisations from the public and private sectors, such as shops, grocery stores, food places, hair and nail salons, commercial properties, cinemas, theaters, schools, nurseries and vehicles such as buses, taxis and vans.
- Minimise the risk of viral infections with our commercial disinfecting services.
- We provide VIRUS and BACTERIA fogging and disinfecting services.
- Fogging as a precautionary measure for peace of mind. Disinfecting of all visible and accessible areas.
- Quick and cheapest solution with a fast turnaround for minimal disruption.
How much does the treatment cost?
- Cleaning Shield uses the latest equipment and the most effective chemical disinfectants.
- Small, £75, up to 50m2 (small shop, flat or 2 bed house)
- Standard, £100, between 50m2 and 100m2 (larger or 2 storey shop, 4 bed house)
- Large, £150, between 100m2 and 200m2 premises or residences over 200m2, price on application
Who will carry out the treatment?
- This service is provided by professionally trained sanitisation technicians who use equipment and protection gear such as masks, gloves, glasses and even hazmat suits if needed.
Is this treatment safe for my home and business premises?
- Yes. The treatment uses a certified antiviral product that eliminates bacteria, germs, and fungi. It is non-toxic and 100% safe for domestic use.
- Within an hour, the droplets will air dry on their own, leaving only perfectly disinfected surfaces and the premise can be entered again.
Is the treatment effective against coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- We use BS EN 1276 certified virucides. This means that they have been lab-tested against a wide variety of germs and proven to destroy 99.99% of pathogens found on surfaces.
- The disinfectant we use is effective against enveloped viruses such Human Coronavirus (VR-740).
- COVID-19 is classified as an ‘enveloped virus’. Its physical structure is similar to other enveloped viruses such as influenza and coronaviruses such as SARs, Human Coronavirus (VR-740) and Canine Coronavirus (VR-809).
- The viral strain that causes COVID-19 is a mutation of SARS-CoV-2. Posing a real risk of contamination to air and surfaces. Some reports from WHO states it can last up to 72 hours on surfaces.
- COVID-19 is a new virus and at this time (March 2020) and there is no commercially available virucidal effectiveness test that can be used for any disinfectant against this specific virus. No disinfectant on the market can claim to be effective against the specific COVID-19 virus.
Do I need to prepare the area in advance?
- The area needs to be vacated before the technician enters, to ensure proper social distancing.
- Remove all pets, including any fish, from the property prior to the treatment and keep them away for around 60 minutes after the disinfection. Please, make sure that the technicians will have unobstructed access to the areas that need to be disinfected.
- Computer equipment can be safely disinfected as the foggers can be used around areas with electrical equipment. However be advised that everything must be switched off in advance.
- Fire alarms need to be switched off to prevent accidental activation.
When can I clean the areas again after the treatment?
- You can have the areas cleaned as soon as the next day.
What is the difference between disinfection and sanitising?
- Disinfection is designed to kill all harmful bacteria, viruses and fungi on surfaces.
- Sanitisation is associated with deep cleaning items and surfaces with a range of products that will remove dirt and germs without the guarantee that all types of pathogens will be completely neutralised. Using a sanitiser will only reduce a number of harmful microorganisms but will not necessarily kill 100% the virus which causes COVID-19 disease or eliminate certain bacteria.
Is fogging effective?
- We use lab-tested antiviral disinfectants to eliminate dangerous viruses, bacteria and germs.
- Kills 99.99% of a wide range of pathogens within seconds.
- Non-toxic and 100% safe. Air dry within 1 hour and can be applied to all surfaces.
- Effective against cross contamination. The micro droplets produced by the foggers can reach difficult to access areas and quickly eradicate the viruses upon contact thus minimising the risk of contamination.
When can Cleaning Shield come?
- Service available 24/7 with coverage of Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. Including Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead, Tring, Chesham, Aylesbury, Luton, Amersham, Rickmansworth.
- Flexible and convenient booking options including outside work hours to minimise disturbance.
Contact us now to book your fogging service
We offer fast effective antiviral aerosol fogging coronavirus cleaning solutions from Berkhamsted and Hemel Hempstead throughout Hertfordshire Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire